Saturday, September 17, 2005

Writing Honesty

Honesty...

Here is where I want to keep myself honest about my writing and goals I set for myself. I have a lot of projects going at once and some may get set aside for quite a while, when some others may seem to get all the attention. So here will be a place I mentally check up on myself while bouncing from project to project.

As a starting point I will list all that I have done and where they are now in the grand plan .

Of Blood and Blessings
finished draft at ~12,000 in February 2005
finished rewrite at ~17,000 words in July 2005. Submitted at Chippewa Press. Waiting for response.

Father of the Wolf
finished at ~75,000 words in May 2005. As of today, I am going through it with another edit. I hope I can add more depth to one of the conflicts and add more detailed descriptions to some of the later scenes. In the meantime, I am submitting Father to agents and editors who I hear may be looking for paranormal romance.

Lost Soul of the Wolf
finished at ~10,000 words in June 2005. Submitted to Chippewa Press. Waiting...

Curse of the Wolf
finished at ~10,000 words in September 2005. Submitted it Chippewa Press. Waiting...

Season of Blood
finished draft at ~6,000 words in August.
edit due for contest on October first.

Destiny of the Wolf
wip at ~13,500 words. Goal is 80,000+. Detiny is fully outlined by scene and coming along nicely.

Journey of the Wolf
wip at ~3000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Guardian of the Wolf
wip at ~ 3000 words. Fully outlined. Most of chapter one is done.

Song of the Wolf
wip at ~3000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Hunter of the Wolf
wip at ~8500 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed. Submitted one scene to Stella Cameron's Scarlett Boa contest.

Sacrifice of the Wolf
wip at ~3000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Island of the Wolf
wip at ~3000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Inferno of the Wolf
wip at ~12,000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed. Plan to submit an adapted scene from here to the AKC writing contest.

Dark Heart of the Wolf
wip at ~14,000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Deception of the Wolf
wip at ~17,000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Fate of the Wolf (working title)
wip at ~7000 words. Fully outlined. Some scenes completed.

Blood Quest
This is a new 9 book series that I am plotting now.
wip at ~5000 words. If this works out the way I hope, Blood Quest will include severl short stories, some of which are fairly far along.

13 comments:

  1. Not much on the writing front today.

    I only completed about 1k in edits on Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did a little writing yesterday but not really on any of the ones listed... LOL So, here's a bit of an update.

    Loki's Flight
    wip at ~3000 words. I wrote another almost 1000. Its now at 3960. ANd unfortunately Loki is still refusing to behave. His story is still without a flow even now that his daughter Einmyria is narrating.

    I also read over my notes for...
    The Blood Prince
    wip at ~2000 word outline stage. Graye's been patiently waiting for his turn so I guess I'll write on others for a while longer.

    Just to keep myself honest... I do have several other ideas that I sometimes doodle on between writing and the rest of life.
    From the Bear Clan I have a trilogy beginning with Sulf in Tear so the Wolf, then Sandulfr in Challenge of the Wolf, and finally Sundair in Secret of the Wolf. I believe these will be full length novels when the time comes for them. Those boys are being good and patient with me too.

    Also some shorter wips...
    Viktor... contest entry for a dog's POV
    Wolfden... Not sure about this one, it may grow. For now its just a nudge in the mind, wanting to be a story. The hero did tell me his name is Saxxon. But he hasn't said much else yet, that I want to share that is. LOL
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. S,
    I see you just started FD (fast draft) with Destiny. I know the rules of FD say to open up and write it all even if it's crap but could you please not write crap about me and my mate?

    This is day one, how many pages have you finished?

    Rath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rath,
    knock it off. If she wants to write crap about you then she can. Besides, its not all your story, you know?
    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rath,
    I understand what your saying and I promise I will try to avoid writing crap. Beside how could I, while you hover at my shoulder whispering words...
    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. S,
    Okay, sorry... I know you'll tell a good story. I'll be patient and watch it happen. I have only one request... Could you get to the spicy part a little sooner? Please?

    Grant,
    That Kita is an interesting chit. What do you want to bet she'll steal from us again? I know I have secured my valuables better than I have ever had need to before. Anyways, watch your stuff, I think she has an eye for all that money you boast of.

    Rath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rath,
    You think she's after my money? All she's done is insult me so far... I have to say that is a gold-digging technique I have never seen before.

    Hmmm.... I wonder if it will work?
    Grant
    S is listening to Once Bitten Twice Shy (gotta love that!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grant,
    The next song is 'Nobody's Fool' Take a hint and avoid the bite. I bit of fluff like that might take more than you mean to give.

    Besides, the way she takes without asking, who knows what would be missing the next morning...

    Rath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rath,
    Mind your own business.

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boys! Settle down and back to your corners.

    Grant,
    I don't think I've ever seen you fired up like that. I like it. Hmmmm... I wonder...

    Rath,
    I think you need to be worrying about Destiny now considering you just scared the life out of her during a time when she very much needs you. And just what do you think you're doing showing with Kita when you have more important things to worry about!

    S.
    writing and working to seether's Remedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT SHOWER?!!!

    RATH, YOU GET AWAY FROM HER RIGHT NOW!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  12. Writing Honesty.

    I can honestly say that I love to write but to be completely honest I would have to say, I prefer to plot.

    I love getting to know my characters and planning out their problems and how they will eventually overcome those problems and grow into stronger better people.

    Yes I admit it! I start stories and plot them out but have to beat myself into finishing them. Oh, yeah, I tell myself that I'm just going to play around with this new idea while working up to writing on the main project but the honest truth is that I enjoy the working up to part better than the winding down part.

    Starting a book is fun. Finishing a book is real work.

    My guilt is proven once again when I get in to my unpredictable muse and began another story. It's one that's been pestering me for a while and now it has no reason to complain. I set aside my other 534 projects (slight exageration) and started 'Forgiven'. Saxxon is persistant and his favored lady, Kelly is strong and brave and together they will free him from ... well I'm not going to tell it all. Suffice it to say, they have lots to overcome and plenty of room to grow.

    Back to honesty. I think my only hope is to balance the fun with the work. So I will work on the primary project and reward myself with playtime.

    Shannon
    writing and working to 'so cold' by breaking benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little bit of an update on the numbers front...

    Forgiven: 50K+, about 230 pages
    Father: 75K+, 350 pages
    Destiny: 27K+, 140 pages
    Deception: 20K+, about 90 pages

    Loki's Flight: about 4500words. This one is my bane. *sigh* I'll smack it into shape eventually.

    S.

    ReplyDelete