Thursday, September 15, 2005

Moving on...

Moving on can be the hardest thing. A drastic change, disaster the loss of someone special is like a faultering on the path. We may stubble over the obsticle but as long as we can get back to our feet and take another step, there is hope.

I didn't realize it but for some time I have been sitting at the side of the path unable to get back to my feet. I wasn't lacking in strength. Or in grace. Or in direction. I only lacked in courage. Fear of a future without the one at my side who was gone kept me from rising.

Today I will regain my feet. Perhaps tomorrow I will take a step. Perhaps the day after, I may jog down the path. Perhaps the one after that will find me flying...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, Dan, Dan...
    You would suggest something so happy sappy... My advice is to kill whatever has knocked you off you feet, cook them and eat them. Then you will have the strength to carry on and one less a**hole in the world.
    Sgrios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really have to agree with Sgrios on this one, Dan. Some thing may be better off in the past but if they won't leave you be, then I say rip their head off.

    Not to mention that some times its smarter to not get back up.

    Dion

    ReplyDelete
  4. flying? *snort*

    ReplyDelete