Monday, September 19, 2005

Great News!

Today at 5:59 I received my first request for publication!!! I called mom and told my IMing friends... so here I spread the news too. Break out the chocolate! Pour the champaign!

I submitted Lost Soul of the Wolf to Chippewa Publishing on September 9, 2005 at 3:29 by e-mail and got my answer back today!

My submission included this blurb...
"He traveled to ease his time among the living. He searched for the meaning of life behind religion. He found a trusting young girl, who became what he needed most, a friend. Tryggvarin is of the Eagle Clan of ValĂ frn werewolves. He left his son with the clan and set out alone after his mate died. For two hundred years he wandered before finding Alice who helped him to understand that there was still a purpose for him. Alice faced the everyday world of nineteenth century England and overcomes the odds to share a friendship with a strange man that is not accepted by her family. Then she learns what he is... "

The Chippewa request said...
"Chippewa Publishing would like to publish "Lost Soul of the Wolf". Is the story still available?"

Short and very sweet. I am so thrilled I can't even express it! Lost Soul is a fun little story that I enjoyed writing. It ties a little, long ago, family history into my paranormal werewolf/valafrn tale. The whole story was mostly written in about a week... Then edited for about two months. I never really worried about wether this one made it into a publishing spot or not. But after sending off Of Blood and Blessings to Chippewa, I thought, well why not, and sent Lost Soul in too. I also sent them Curse of the Wolf so maybe I'll have more good news soon.

www.lshannon.net

13 comments:

  1. That is so great, Shannon! Congratulations! May you be blessed with more good news soon!

    Your friend in writing,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear that? Tryggvarin, that old fella whose into all that religious stuff is going to be published first. That is just not right.
    Romie

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY!
    Tryggvarinson Macharicson? Serious? I didn't even know he was still around... hmmm well maybe all that praying worked for him.
    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was not the prayer, although that probably didn't hurt. It was surely the quality writing.

    and yes, I'm still around... and watching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So who do you think will be next? Next to be published I mean.
    Romie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not you. Your book won't be for ages. But I guess yours will at least be before mine. Mines not until book six!

    I think S (lshannon) plans to do some of the shorter stuff first. My guess is Vali's will be next.

    Be back later... I'm going for pizza.
    Mo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A usual, Mo didn't leave me any pizza... ,grumble...

    As for shorter stuff getting published soon, I think Grants and Amelia's story will make it in soon. He's a cool guy. Anmyone else have any thoughts?
    Romie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the pizza Romie! I get that smell and kind of lose track of what slice I'm on.

    Don't forget Kitty and Boryn's story. Will that count as publication? I mean people will be reading it... but then they won't be paying for it, so maybe it shouldn't count.

    And speaking of Kitty... WOW is she a hot little spitfire!
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. back off little boys. that kitty is spoken for.
    B

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't say anything. Nothing. Did you say something, Romie? I didn't say a peep. No sir not me...

    Mo <= who doesn't want an ancient cyvampis blood demon thinkin', he's disrespectin' his woman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww Boryn, You scared them away. They were almost amusing. And their busy typing was keeping them from annoying anyone else...
    Dion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dion, be good! Between you and Trygg, now the boys are afraid to post here. They even made set up a new blog!

    Now why was I posting?...

    Oh!~ right. The contract is now signed and in the mail to Chippewa. Trygg's story is on its way to publication.

    Romie? Mo? Would you two like to go bother Grant for a while? He is getting obnoxious since his contract was signed.

    Yes, you heard right. 'Of Blood and Blessings' is now under contract with Changling Press. Grant seems to think that means 'Destiny' is his book now. If one of you doesn't distract him, I may never get to work on your books...

    S
    Writing to baby blue

    ReplyDelete