Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An interesting new path...

As most writers know, making a living as a novelist isn't easy. I have been doing it since March of 2006. So for a year and a half those of you buying my books have been paying my bills. THANK YOU!

I love the life of a writer and feel privileged to have the chance to step out of the rat race. That's not to say it isn't hard work. It is. It's not uncommon for me to put in 16 hours at the computer. But doing something that I love makes it all worth while.

Unfortunately, my poor van had a very rough couple months and the cost of keeping it healthy has eaten up my funds. Which means that at least for a short time I will have to supplement my writing income by other means. In this case the opportunity that arose was helping out a friend who shows dogs professionally. That's right, her entire living is made doing what she loves. Something I understand. I've been showing dogs (as a hobby) for about 25 years now so I'm hoping this more professional role will not bring too many surprises. In fact I'm looking forward to the travel and busy routine as a wonderful change of pace.

The down side is that I will be traveling and uber busy for 3 to 6 days out of most every week. I don't yet know what this will mean for the writing. I will certainly still be writing but I may be doing a lot less of it as well as be offline for most of my time.

Sigh. With some serious luck, I will be back to my homebody life soon. I certainly hope so anyhow.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment