Thursday, June 21, 2012

Three Things Thursday: Uraboku

3 more things I've learned from watching.... Betrayal Knows My Name

1. There is a certain very definable appeal of a hero (or villain) with a big.... sword.

2. Unconsummated love affairs get annoying after a while.Yes, even Scully and Molder.

3. Sometimes the good guys winning is just unrealistic.Maybe, just maybe, they could stand a chance if they would shoot first and save the pity lines for later. As it is the bad guy have to stand around and wait to be killed. Yeah, too annoying. Made me rant to hubby for a while.

Shannon
www.lshannon.net

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on all three of these points. I particularity like #3. Some of my favorite stories are about the good guy who keeps getting up and charging into the next fight despite the fact that they keep getting beat down again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Jess. Another common hero foible. I mean, I love it when a hero is too stubborn (or sometimes too dumb) to ever give up. BUT I do sort of love it when it's his undefeatable nature that hands him the win. If the story can make me overlook realistic odds... then Yay team!

    ReplyDelete