Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Snow, snow and more snow...

It was a wonderful white Christmas here in PA. Had a great time playing in the snow and watching the fantasy like white world fall all around me.

*happy sigh*

I LOVE snow. I mean really love it. There is something pure and beautiful beyond words about fresh snow covering my hillside in white. Or maybe it just covers up the flaws in a real life. (cynical side showing)

Tonight as I walked home from the parents, I was amazed by the number of tracks already running through the fresh -only hours old- snow. Deer, turkey, dog, cat, rabbit and a few I couldn't identify. Lots of deer tonight. Looks like the herd spent some time hanging out in my yard. I may have even heard them running off as I came through. I've been thinking about sneaking back out to see if they came back.

But I haven't because of the other side of winter.

It's cold out there. And I do not like the cold. *shiver* I'll be very happy when the warm weather returns. Might miss the snow, but not enough to complain. *grin*.

On another note. This week HBO was offering season one of Trueblood on demand for free. The moment I saw it was available I suggested all innocent like that my mom should watch the series premier to see if she liked it. She agreed all mom-like and took her current book with her to settle in on the sofa. Clearly she was being social and supportive to her paranormal romance writing daughter. I nodded. Yep, could live with that. She'd made cookies. It's all good.

So she watches episode one... no more than five minutes in and her book is pitched to the side and she is groaning and eeping and laughing at Jason Stackhouse for being so dumb.

Yep she was hooked.

I'd seen the season already but thought what the heck. I could putter through some editing on the netbook while it was on. (riiight, lol) So it goes like this...

"So mom, want to watch episode 2 now?"

"Okay, but just one more. Can't stay up too late." (it's only about 8 pm)

"All right."

::play episode 2::

"Oh okay. That was pretty good. Just one more."

::play episode 3::

"It's getting late." She yawns. "Go ahead and start one more. I'll get some coffee."

Now by this point I'm laughing my ass off. She's obviously way into Trueblood, hooked well and good for sure. But she's still playing it cool. So I'm playing it cool. And keep hitting play for her. This goes on until almost three in the morning. It was a hoot! By then she was admitting to enjoying it and setting up to have another marathon to finish the season the next night.

So I say, Thank you HBO! You've won over a new fan for Trueblood!

Enough of my rambling. Hope you all are finding something in the world to enjoy, be it the snow or a good show on the telly.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment