Friday, January 29, 2010

New Editor Hoo-rah!

With as many books as I have published it is safe to say I've had more than a couple editors. Every new contract brings with it the niggle of worry about the new editor that will follow. That's right, some of my publishing houses bounce authors between editors depending on who has time available. It's a bit of a crap shoot. You might get an awesome professional, the over-zealous new employee, one too busy or preoccupied to focus on your manuscript baby, or even one too cynic to work with well.

Yeah publishing is a big bad world sometimes.

And other times it is like hitting the lotto. In the last couple days, I received my first round of edits on Amethyst Bound which will be coming soon with Carina Press. This time I can honestly say I feel like a winner.

Opening the file was done with bated breath, but just moments later I was letting it out on a relieved sigh. Thank you Deb N for all your work. You rock! Hoo-RAH!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment