Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

I just got home from a nice quiet new years with hubby. He's so sweet. It was a private thing, just the two of us. Very nice. *smile*

Hope everyone else out there took a moment to feel blessed for making it through another year. Such things are often too easily taken for granted. I know I'm guilty of missing the moments in favor of the bigger-better-brighter future. Here in the quiet (if you consider singing birds, playing dogs and more than a little loud music...quiet) I've been having some deep thoughts. Some about the past year and all that has happened and some about the year to come which I hope will be just as filled with wonder.

Sometimes I forget, but I am blessed. I have family and friends around me. I have health and freedom to chase my dreams. I have much. I am blessed.

That doesn't stop me from looking forward and planning to conquer the coming year. With my list of "resolutions" in hand I will take my blessed life and remaining vigilant in keeping all that I hold dear and if possible making 2010 even better for my family and friends, and yes for me too.

And in the meantime, here's an old wives tale to brighten your chances. This one comes from my mom. She claims if you shake your empty purse at the blue moon and call out "fill it up, fill it up, fill it up" you'll be brought wealth. And these days who couldn't use a little more wealth. (brb) (back) Well I shook my purse. Did you? *grin*

Happy New Years to you! May karma be on your side and you dreams within your reach!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment