Saturday, June 14, 2008



Kris Eton writes contemporary and paranormal erotic romance. Currently, she has four books published. Visit her website for excerpts from each of her books and more information about her writing.

Q. What's your favorite tv show?

A. I am a tv addict. I admit it. I've gotten better over the years...trimming my list of programs to those I really really like. There were some shows that I outgrew or that just became so godawful I didn't know why I was watching anymore.

As for a favorite show, I might have trouble narrowing it down. But, I guess I can pick three...is that okay?

LOST - Love the characters. I'm not all that worried about all the 'science' making sense in this show. I will always love Sawyer and Sun and Hurley and Charlie.

UGLY BETTY - This is my fun, makes-me-laugh show. It's sweet enough to stay grounded in some kind of reality, but has just enough over-the-top soap opera moments to keep me smiling. Betty and Gio are adorable together. And now that Eddie Cibrian has joined the show, there's plenty of hot guys to drool over.

THE OFFICE - Not every episode works for me. I prefer the darker shows with snarky humor over the more slapsticky ones. Out of the four NBC comedies on Thursday nights, this is the one I always watch first.

Q. What is your writing process like?

A. My writing process is constantly evolving. With every book I write, I fine tune it a little bit more. But sometimes books just take a hold of you, and you find yourself channeling a story. So my process is never consistent.

What I typically do is get the 'cool idea' first. The mini idea for a plot. Then, I think of ways this plot could be fleshed out. Sometimes actual complete scenes come to mind. Then, my characters start to fill in the blanks.

Lately, I find myself focusing more on character. Finding just the right combination to make the romance work. Because if it's too easy, it's boring. You have to give these people obstacles to overcome. Reasons not to be together.

I tend to have a very strong idea about where I want the book to start and to end. The middle is usually a mess of empty nothingness.

The last novella I completed, I had sketched out the first two chapters and the last two chapters. When I tried to sketch out anything in the middle, my mind went blank. So I left a huge hole.

It always finds a way to fill itself in.

Q. What's your favorite indulgent treat?

A. I do have a sweet tooth, but it's getting weaker as I get older. Thank the Lord. Things I don't like - ice cream, popsicles, sugar candy. Things I love - brownies, homemade cookies, chocolate from our local chocolatier, muffins, Red Velvet Cake!

I like some chunks or substance to my sweets.

Q. Which of your books is your favorite?

A. I will have to choose SNOWDRIFT. I think because of the characters in that book. They just came to life. The dialogue was snappy. And there's was some great sexual tension in that book.

SNOWDRIFT is the story of an old high school crush. Piper was in love with her best friend's older brother, a football star. But he never knew it. Years later they meet again during a group ski trip in the mountains and the sparks fly once again.

Battling through their past hurts and misunderstandings was just so much fun. There is one particular scene where they kiss for the first time, that is just so heart-wrenching. Sigh...

Yes, for now, that is my favorite book.

Thanks so much for having me stop by!

Kris Eton
http://www.kriseton.com
http://www.myspace.com/kriseton
__________________
Kris Eton
GOING DOWN, SNOWDRIFT, VARGAS GIRL now available
MOONLIGHTING now available from The Wilder Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment