Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ava Rose Johnson: Heroes: The Dark Side

Heroes: The Dark Side


Hello all! Ava Rose Johnson here, ready and willing to chat with you about my favorite topic. Heroes.

For me, the hero makes a story. I read romances for a lot of reasons-heroine, fun plot, hot sex scenes-but the hero usually takes the biscuit for me. It's the same with movies. Without a dashing hero, I'm not so sure I'd be interested.

Like a lot of people, I'm partial to the tall, dark and handsome version of the hero. Think David Boreanaz, Olivier Martinez, Clive Owen, Pierce Brosnan...I could go on forever. And speaking of tall, dark and handsome heroes, how could I not mention Mr. Big? I finally saw the Sex and the City movie last night and the whole way through, I couldn't stop thinking about how Big is the perfect hero (for me). Yes, he's flawed and can be stubborn and stupid at times. But that's hot. Who wants a hero who is absolutely perfect?

Okay, so we want the romance and the passion and the deep love and the 'likes dogs' to be part of our hero too. I don't think I could be hot for a hero who's afraid of puppies. But a hero has to have some mystery, some depth, some kind of darkness to pull me in. That's probably why my favorite kind of hero is a vampire. You don't get more dark and mysterious than that!

In Power, my upcoming release from Cobblestone Press, the hero is a centuries-old vampire called Jourdain. He's got the tall, dark and handsome thing going on. He's also big on vengeance which can be seen as a flaw, but I love him for it. He's pretty solitary, doesn't get involved too easily. Of course that changes when my heroine enters the picture. *wink*

So what makes a hero for you? Do you need your hero to be Mr. Alpha, or do you prefer the Beta side? Are you fan of Mr. Big or do you just think he's an arse?

To bribe you into telling me, here's some tall, dark and handsome eye-candy for your pleasure. Enjoy!




Thanks for having me!
Ava

Coming July 4th from Cobblestone Press- The Vampire Oracle: Power
A vampire's promise lasts forever...

Website ~ Blog ~ MySpace ~ Yahoo Group

No comments:

Post a Comment