Friday, June 18, 2010

First Kiss Friday: Amethyst Bound

I'm trying something new here on the blog. Every Friday that I can, will be dedicated to first kiss excerpts. I'll be posting them here with book info and links when possible. Hope you enjoy!

Kicking off the first First Kiss Friday is from Amethyst Bound.

“So you were laughing at Amethyst?” He sounded doubtful.

“Yeah. She said I can bite you if I like.” I raised his hand to my mouth and bit down on his thumb, letting my tongue slide over the pad and circle around twice before freeing it.

He let out a sexy little moan, which I leaned forward to capture on his lips.

Kissing Davis was an experience in luxury. At first he did little more than react, but then he got into the action, and when he did…whoa, he did it right. His mouth moved slow and easy over mine. The contact might have felt casual if not for the way his tongue tickled me open and then plunged in to explore.

By increments he drew back, holding my advance at bay with firm hands on my upper arms. I didn’t want to stop touching. I didn’t want to stop kissing. I wanted him naked and writhing under me. I wanted him thrusting and hard, deep inside me. And I sure as hell didn’t want to hear whatever he was saying.

“…this a good idea?”

“A good idea?” I doubted it, but my brain had shut off a while back. Bringing it back online took a little work.

“I just want to be sure it’s you with me and not Amethyst.” His gray eyes were so serious. “Some mythologies claim dragons are instinctively sexual creatures. I want you, but I need to know that you want this as much as I do.”

I struggled to get a grip on my libido. Maybe he was right. This wasn’t very in character for me. Not the sex part. I was okay with that. But the out of control and giving in to my baser side was not me. Here we were about to have sex while the bad guys were probably hunting us down, and I couldn’t even work up a worry for anything more than how to get Davis out of his pants.



Amethyst Bound
An Amethyst novella by L. Shannon
Romantic Urban Fantasy (Dragons!)
Release: June 7, 2010 - Carina Press

Blurb
Toni Giovanni is a thief although prefers to call it the high-risk recovery business. Her current job feels suspiciously easy until a mysterious artifact draws her into an ancient prophecy and binds her soul to a spirited dragon named Amethyst.

But Toni isn’t quite ready to be taken over by a dragon, even if Amethyst’s appetite for sexy archaeologist Dr. Ben Davis mirrors Toni’s own. And she’s got a big problem on her hands: turns out the prophecy predicts that dragons will end the world and there are many more dragons out there.


Now available at Carina Press!
http://carinapress.com

L. Shannon for Dark Paranormal Romance
http://lshannon.
net ~ http://lshannon.blogspot.com
Romance - stalking outside the bounds of reality

No comments:

Post a Comment