Friday, August 18, 2006

Life or something like it...


Nothing earth shattering to share at the moment but wanted to post a bunch of updates.

I'm editing like crazy on Lynx Clan: Forgiven.
Lynx Clan: Forgiven-Genre: Shifter/Rating: Wild/Release Date TBA Kelly uses her psychic powers for good. Saxxon has been using his werewolf powers for evil. But when he escapes his abusive captors, heÂ’s given a slim chance to be free of the torture and drugs. Will they survive long enough to find love?

Yeah I stink at writing blurbs. If I could afford to I would hire someone just for that job. So Forgiven is working my tail off in edits. Thanks you Melissa (editor at Cobblestone). She hasn't even pulled out the whip yet. With some major luck I'll have the edits back to her by the end of today. :)

I am heading up a promotion for Cobblestone called Weird and Wild Wednesday. It is just like what it sounds. Every Wednesday, the paranormal authors of Cobblestone Press throw open the doors and welcome in the public for a mini party. This takes place on the Cobblestone Discussion Loop 7:00 central every Wednesday. There will be blurbs, excerpts, contests, prizes and if this week was any sign then really bad vampire jokes too.
In other news...


My newsletter group is going strong. Be sure to watch and see if you won a monthly contest. Some of them require you to contact me. I wouldn't want you to miss out on any freebies.

Have a few ideas for promotional give aways. Did some printing out of items here at home and am looking at a few other possible options.

Before I got into edits, I made good headway on my next novel, Dead Men's Nails: Kindred Spirit. I can't wait to finish and show it off to everyone. Most of August will be taken up by edits but then in September and October I will be
working on DMN:Kindred Spirit, Eagle Clan: Destiny, Tascryn:Blood Reign, Tascryn:Surviving Synn, as well as plotting EC:Journey and LC:Forgotten.

I'll also be taking my computer in for a check up, updating some work at Lulu and updating my website ... Guess with all this on my to-do list, I'd better get to work.

Shannon

editing to the new Tool CD. It is yummy. :D


6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it! It sounds wonderful. Who said you can't write a great blurb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Mia, you are too kind.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. *lol* Don't worry. I suck at blurbs too. Your story sounds great! Finish those edits and send them! Can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tempest!

    I'm backed up crazy on edits. Finished second round on Season of Blood just in time to do the first round on LC: Forgiven. I worked on Vali's Curse for a bit, and now I'm finishing the second round of Forgiven. (wiping brow.)

    Back to it...
    editing to "arms wide open" by Creed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious blurb! WHEW :) Congrats on your recent acceptances!!!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ann!

    I love Cobblestone and can't wait to offer them more of my work. :D

    As it looks now, I think I will have a release in sept, oct, and nov. :)

    I have two more works that should be done and ready to submit in September too. So hopefully I will be adding EC2: Destiny and Blood Reign to my Cobblestone list soon.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete