Thursday, April 06, 2006

So now what dude?

(ducking lemons and looking for a blender)

Yes, life is throwing lemons at me, even bounced a couple off my head and made a nice rattle. Not that it matters because well, that is what life does right?

My family has an old wive's tale that bad things (really bad ones) come in threes. Hubby disagrees and says it is a neverending shitstorm and silly optimistic people group the problems into threes as a coping mechanism. Damn Psychologist anyway...

So I am more of a planner than a cope-er. I look around and think the raining crap will eventually stop and try to think past that and to what will come next. So here I am currently between jobs. I am looking at what to do with my time off while desperately looking around for a better opportunity. I plan to go back to the field where I have training, but while planning that, I dream. I dream of the chance to actually write down all these stories that are bouncing and growing inside my head.

I mean I have a little time right? Well, not much because I have to at least be a little practical (even if it kills me) I am a planner. BUT I never said I was practical. So I have a couple edits that I am tidying up and a couple stories that are close to complete that I am working on completing. So I guess that answers my question. So now what dude (or in this case dudette)? So while in search of the best chance at a steady paycheck, I will also try to nudge my muse wide awake and jump back into the writing that may keep the dreaming alive.

First stop... maybe I will let the characters pick?

S
(writing to Just Like You)

10 comments:

  1. So guys and gals... who do you think should get their story told right now? huh? any takers?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saxxon and Kelly still need the end of theirs edited.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I wouldn't mid a little more time with Rook, either...

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or maybe finish up Destiny so we can see if Angel even survives to adulthood? And if I ever get that Kita to settle down and act more rational...

    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay guys! Stop. Its pretty weird with you all jumping around the timeline like that.

    Angel, I will tidy up the end of Forgiven, but will have to wait some for your romance with Rook. After all, Grant has a point. I do still have to keep you from drowning in Niagara Falls before we start looking for a happy ever after for you.

    Grant, be have. Kita will settle down eventually.

    Destiny might be a good place to start anyhow. After all, you both might get kind of bored if I don't help Dan set up Low Key and give you a higher purpose.

    Or maybe jump back in time some and work on the back story to explain all your problems? Maybe Loki's Flight should be next on the to-do list?

    S
    writing to "here without you"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you guys actually settled down... What's up with that?!?

    Well, I did work on Loki's Flight, adding another 1000 words to that story and maybe working out a major kink that was holding it back.

    Don't start, Grant! I also worked in Destiny and added another 3000 words to that story. But I have hit a bump. You all will have to wait to see how it works out. And I worked in Forgiven to smooth out some rough spots.

    Back to it...

    Shannon
    ~writing to "Superman"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pfft. Grant won't stay still long. It's that Alpha demon thing. That said I'd like to see the Lost Soul's leads have their tale fine tuned. Course what I want and what all the others actually allow are two completely different things. Still, one can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Pamling... How could you possibly think that old monk is more interesting than one of us young studs? ~Romie~

    Seriously... If we weren't so busy hunting down stray pizza and taste testing American beer, we might even have time to be worried about your strange lack of interest in us. As it is, maybe you should check in more often, just to offer us a chance to change your mind.
    ~Mo~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mo,
    Pamling didn't come back for a visit. Do you think we scared her off?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way, Romie,
    she didn't seem the easily scared kind. I think she must have been offended by our lack of being offended... or somethin'.

    So did you decide on your choice of beer yet? I'm leaning hard toward Yuengling.

    ReplyDelete