Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Season of Blood~New Cover!

I did up this new cover for Season of Blood. So what do you think? Well, at least I had a good time doing it.

As an update for the Lulu.com post. I still think it has good and bad features...

Good... Easy to work with. The live help was wonderful when I had a stupid question. The mature audience screening is very good. Projects can be deleted or unpublished without much trouble. Tracking sales is accurate (so far as I can tell) and fast. Ordering was not hard, even though they don't use paypal. If you buy a download but don't have time to download it right then, Lulu holds it in your account for you.

Not so good... the print pricing is high because of initial set up costs. I haven't yet found a way to link two accounts easily. The storefronts are difficult to cutomize if you don't know html code very well. They don't use paypal.

I ordered Curse of the wolf in print so I will soon be able to say how that part of the process is to work with.

Shannon
frantically procrastinating at finishing my contest entry, but very happy to have fixed my printer... listening to old rock tonight which makes me want to writing Dead Men's Nails.

3 comments:

  1. Heck of a nice cover Boryn and Kitty got... Not that I'm jealous or anything, but when do you think she might do something for me and Kelly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, quit your whining, pup. We don't even have a book of our own, let alone a cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already have the print form of the Curse of the Wolf book! It came yesterday, taking only a few days to arrive.

    And what a thrill to hold one of my stories in print. I did a desktop version of Lost Soul that made me smile in pleasure and this is even better. The next step along the "I get to hold it in my hands" path will be having someone else publish my book. I'm ready for it... Okay so maybe NY won't be calling just yet. :) I can dream.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete