Thursday, July 26, 2012

Three Things Thursday: RH-Plus

3 things I've learned from watching.... RH-Plus

1. The ooops trifecta of mediocre writing, so-so acting and jarring pacing can still create a reasonably enjoyable show.

2. Too much angst is actually bad when not balanced with enough badass or humor. Watching this show really brought home the point to me.  I love vampire angst. Normally I say you can't have enough. But really it has to either come with humor or rough fights to carry it off. Pure sensitive angst makes me sleepy.

3. A bit of funny cute story can overcome a lot.  But really if I were to throw a couple fixes at this one...I would have teased a bit more with all those hunky boys living together. A touch of romance whether it comes with the girl who knows them or between the boys could have clinched this very well.

Overall I would rate this show a 3 of 5. With that in mind, I did enjoy the story and got to like the characters. The show focuses mostly on how they overcome loneliness to form a family. I really liked the tone of their family and how important it became to each of them. So I may not recommend watching the whole series, but will say take a little time to watch the first episode and decide for yourself.

Shannon
www.lshannon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment