Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years!

The end of another year...

It always makes me sit back and evaluate my yearly goals. Did I meet them? Did they flop? Are they even relevant anymore? Yes, I do get a little deep in my head this time of year, which is not my usual style. Normally I'm more of live in the present kind of gal, but December rolls around and suddenly I'm thinking about my life and if I'm where I need to be.

And more importantly where I want to be next December. Yep, some people call them resolutions but my life is too fluid for a ridged word like that so I think I'll still with calling them annual goals.

2008 goals
1. lose weight & get in shape. (check - I have a shape. its round)
2. advance my writing career (check - I wrote lots, subbed lots, pubbed lots)
3. fix my personal life (snort - I mean... CHECK!)

2009 goals
1. diets suck. (I'm going to focus on being more active)
2. writing = good! (with focus on the other parts of publishing)
3. hey hubby? can we go to shogun tonight? (life is good - enjoy it)

Seriously for all you folks that break your own hearts with big resolutions... remember that they are meant to improve your life, not destroy your happiness. Whatever your goals, include the live-laugh-love philosophy and have a great 2009!

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment