Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A good day...

Yesterday was a good day. I woke up and got all the dogs settled for a few hours and then settled myself in to do some writing. I did some much to my pleasure. I put another small dent in the page count for Journey. Then as a reward I checked my email and found a note from Samhain. Not a contract, although that would have been wonderful, but instead I found a very nice request for revisions. Since all the suggestions were more than reasonable, I shifted gears and started working on that.

Then I get an excited email from my CP Deb (Moira Reid). It seemed that Kate Duffy had chosen her winner for the Brava Novella Contest. How exciting... so I hop over there and find out, it wasn't me. It was Eve Powers with Unexpectedly Expecting, which I thought was a wonderful entry. Congrats Eve!

Also in the note was mention of the fact that Kate had called all the finalists. Hmm... Only call I had that day was what I'd assumed was a telemarketer and ignored. Oooops! (Sorry Kate!) So I race out into the snow to the only part of my yard where I get cell phone reception and check my messages. Yep, it was Kate Duffy from Kensington Press, saying to call her back.

Now I'm in full panic mode. I IM Deb and she got a similar message. So she calls while I settle the dogs and try to stop shaking. Then I call.

Kate was wonderful to talk to. Seemed to have no trouble understanding my blubbering at all and she said some very nice things about my entry, Zeven Ways to Kill Your Lover. (Yay!) And in the end, she wants me to send my full to her when it's ready. Since it is complete and just needs a little tweaking I expect I will be sticking Zeven into the mail very soon.

Oh and Deb got a request too! How exciting! While I'm still flying high and of course calling my Mom and hubby and just about everyone I know... I get another email. My RWA PAN membership was aproved. Although I have considered myself published for a while, now it seems RWA agrees. :)

Today has not been such a good day. I seem to have the flu or some similar evil. I've spent nearly the whole day in bed and food is currently the enemy.... My only hope is tomorrow might be another good one.

Shannon

2 comments:

  1. I think the last time I was that happy to get a phone call was when my hubby called me the first time for a date. LOL

    Kate sounded so calm on the phone; I on the other hand, not so much. Blabbed on about you and Zeven to her (it's so much easier to brag on other people's stuff), to whit, she subsequently told you to "kick my ass" as I recall. Now that's just wrong. LMAO

    It really was a good day, wasn't it? Of course now the moon's in retrograde (or some such crap so tells me a girl from work) so don't be expecting much good stuff for a couple of days...

    You know, I saved my voicemail message from her. I played it about 6 times yesterday (but don't tell anybody...that is kinda embarassing) LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I saved mine too! Even though all it says is "this is is Kate Duffy. Call me back" lol

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete