Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Websurfing Wednesday and the van of doom...

Perhaps I should save this for Therapy Thursday, but I just had to share my adventures. What started off as a short, 5 mile, trip to the bank ended in me creating new swear words and promising my sweet little Windstar a painful and merciless end. To make a long story, err... a little less long, My van is mostly reliable. It has over 200,000 miles on it so I do cut it some slack, BUT I expect two things; 1 I expect it to go and 2 I expect it to stop. Everything in the middle I'm pretty flexible about. The go part has been good for most out our trips, with a few exceptions which ultimately added to my mechanical knowledge. Such as what and where the starter is and how to hit it with a dolly handle just right. :) As a side note that bit of knowledge has helped at least two men I offered parking lot aid to. Yep, little girlie me to the rescue.

The stopping is where the van and my expectations appear to diverge. I think that now and then stopping would be good. The van disagrees. It must disagree since my brakes have gone out not once, not twice but 6 (SIX) times in the past 2 years.

ohhhhkay... back to cutting a little slack. It has a lot of miles and isn't a new car. Those brake lines are old, all five of them. Whooops. Yep, twice now, new lines have gone. I must just be lucky. Or maybe I should be a stunt driver with all this experience I'm building up.

So yesterday, on the way to the bank, some jackass pulls out right in front of me, and I punch the brakes, and they bottom out with a familiar feel. OH Shit. The I calmly miss the jerkoff and use the last of my brakes to pull into the bank lot and start changing my evening plans. No trip to the monthly dog club meeting. No visit to hubby for some inspiration. New call in to the mechanic about the brakes. Since he's left for the day, no luck there. Then I think about calling for a tow, but dang...its only a few miles and I still have a little brake at the bottom. The cheapskate side wins out and I drive my bad boy home, using the brakes only twice in 5 miles, including my driveway.

Now I need a distraction, something nice and funny to cheer me up. When hubby came down to visit last night (at least I still got my inspiration) his suggestion was... http://www.simpsonizeme.com/ Very funny. :) So I simpsonized the hot guy from Monday's post. You can find the result here. I tried to do my own photo but my timing seems to be off. The site keeps saying it's busy and to try back later. Maybe that can be for another time.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment