Monday, June 08, 2026

Lasting Love Fiction and IRL

 


Beyond Romance - News from Author L. Shannon View in browser 








Beyond Romance


Lasting Love Fiction and IRL
June 8, 2026

Hello all my peeps and pups.

It's been a good week. Hubby and I celebrated our 27th anniversary with shopping for a hot tub and a nice dinner out. Funny how we can do nothing exceptional at all and still have a wonderful day together. Every couple's love is different. The great diversity of what happy ever after can look like is one of my favorite qualities in love stories. For us, true happiness is found in the quiet moments.

Made some kind of heartbreaking progress on Guardian. You may have noticed that I prefer words to numbers. Well while beating a few cracks out of Guardian I discovered that some numbers just don't add up. The mistake was borne from my habit of not writing books in chronological order. Some kids showed up in Lynx Clan 1: Forgiven who happen to be the kids of the couple in Guardian. But I had the dates wrong and it would have made Max and Manny a bit younger than already published. So I had to go back and tweak the timing and setting, and some of the world events too.

What was heartbreaking about fixing a mistake that never Sigh. The fix resulted in cutting some scenes that I really liked. But it makes the story better and doesn't mess with the world timeline for the Beyond Romance Universe. 

In farm news, the baby koi holding ponds are set up and I've started pulling babies from the big pond. It's a big job every year but sharing my pretty fishies with others who will love them is always so much fun and sometimes even a little profitable. 


Read more and hold your loved ones close! 

~ Shannon




FARM UPDATE
It's baby koi season! So far I've set up five baby koi holding ponds and have caught about 50 babies from the pond. They are growing so fast. These ones are mostly in 3-6 inch range. 






Upcoming Events

TBA: Eagle Clan 4: Guardian

TBA: Eagle Clan 5: Song of Sorrow

TBA: Eagle Clan 5: Hunted

8/16: Dragon & Faerie Con
--Pending--

9/26: BooksBooksBooks in Lancaster, PA

TBA: "Squirrel...!" (AKA something I shouldn't be writing but I really want to!)








Work in Progress Update
Eagle Clan 4:  
Guardian


Major changes this week. But despite the pain, it's looking better than ever.







Story 1:

Jade Prince

A dark desire fulfilled thanks to a cursed amulet.




Story 2: 

Jade Triangle

Will their future together be a dream or nightmare?




Story 3:

Jade Unleashed

Can their happiness be destroyed by his freedom?








Freebies & Deals from Other Authors
Just a couple free book offers this month but check them out if you have time. You might even find your next favorite author.



Free with sign ups





Free in Kindle Unlimited









Hotter than Hell

Paranormal romance with a serious hero and quirky heroine.




Forsaken

Darkly emotional wolf shifter romance with a tiny badass fairy.




Love and Blood Kisses

Boylove vampire romance. Dark and angsty.







Thanks for reading. Have a great week!

~ Shannon







Author L. Shannon

for Romance Beyond Expectations
200 Walnut Dr, Shelocta, PA USA
www.lshannon.net
Follow on Amazon, Facebook, Instagram.


Thank you for subscribing to Beyond Romance. I send out weekly updates and occasional notes for special events. If it's too much, unsubscribe at any time


Click here to unsubscribe.



Sent by MailerLite

No comments:

Post a Comment