Monday, July 20, 2026

This Week's Villain: A 150-Pound Emu Named Lulu

 


Beyond Romance - News from Author L. Shannon View in browser 








Beyond Romance


This Week's Villain: A 150-Pound Emu Named Lulu
July 20, 2026

Hello all my peeps and pups. 

This week I'm not going to chatter on as much as usual. Not that life slowed down and got boring. Of course not. Instead one of the emu (a lovely girl named Lulu) decided to go on walkabout. She busted through her fence and took off into the wild of rural Pennsylvania. I'm a nature lover and the thought of following trails all day long looking for a missing 6 foot tall dino-bird.... Well at first it did hold some appeal. So let me give you the rundown on my positive spin on a horrible stressful week.

1. Got my steps in - an insane number of them in fact. Woods, fields, hills and dales... My favorites were the gas well roads. Makes for some pretty scenery.
2. When my legs gave out, I had my van to "circle the block" which includes taking the first left on four roads and returning back home again. 
3. Gave me a chance to reconnect with my neighbors. All five families on about 5 miles of back roads. I even got to meet two more than I already knew. Yes, you did that math correctly. We've been here on the farm for six years and only got to know 3 of the 5 families until now. It's a very live and let live kind of area.
4. And of course, now that she is safely back in her fence, all's well that ends well. 

I had a whole bunch of other stuff that I planned to share today but I've already chattered on for far longer than I promised. Since I was busy hunting for Lulu, no significant progress was made on anything else. With some luck, this week will be calm enough for me to get back on track.


Read more and always find your way home.

~ Shannon




FARM UPDATE
Many asked how a 6 foot bird can go 5 days with no sightings. This here is why. Between the stretches of farmland, there is a lot of woods.






UPCOMING EVENTS


8/1: "Anti-Flea Market" 
Vandergrift, PA (8 AM - 1 PM)

8/15: Romantasy Faire
Ford City, PA (3 PM- 8 PM)

8/16: Dragon & Faerie Con
Lancaster, PA

9/26: BooksBooksBooks
Lancaster, PA

10/31: West Kittanning Craft Fair
--Pending--

11/1: Penn Run Craft Fair
--Pending--

11/7: Elderton Craft Fair
--Pending--

TBA: "Squirrel...!" (AKA something I shouldn't be writing but I really want to!)



UPCOMING RELEASES

TBA: Eagle Clan 4: Guardian
TBA: Eagle Clan 5: Song of Sorrow
TBA: Eagle Clan 5: Hunted






CALLING ALL MY PEEPS


For all you lovely readers who have read My Immortal... If you have a minute, could you jump over to amazon and leave a rating or review? For any who haven't  had the chance,  how about I make it free for a few days?  Grab it now and enjoy!





Their reunion is inevitable — like the tides, the sunset
and maybe like a miracle.

As Christmas morning approaches, Logan finds himself unraveling. Memories surfacing, truths stirring, and a connection that feels older than this life. When the past finally catches him, he’ll be forced to face who he truly is... And why loving Sherry has always come with a terrible cost.

My Immortal is a wistful, magical paranormal romance about inevitable love, forgotten lives, and the quiet miracle of finding each other again, and again.







Freebies & Deals from Other Authors
Just a couple free book offers this month but check them out if you have time. You might even find your next favorite author.



Free with sign ups



Free in Kindle Unlimited






Thanks for reading. Have a great week!

~ Shannon







Author L. Shannon

for Romance Beyond Expectations
200 Walnut Dr, Shelocta, PA USA
www.lshannon.net
Follow on Amazon, Facebook, Instagram.


Thank you for subscribing to Beyond Romance. I send out weekly updates and occasional notes for special events. If it's too much, unsubscribe at any time


Click here to unsubscribe.



Sent by MailerLite

No comments:

Post a Comment