Monday, July 13, 2026

Retreat, retreat and re-treats....

 


Beyond Romance - News from Author L. Shannon View in browser 








Beyond Romance


Retreat, retreat and re-treats....
July 13, 2026

Hello all my peeps and pups.

Today like always I am playing with words. That is what writers do, correct? We play with words. Some might call it work, but I believe it's all in the mindset. When the words are well behaved and pave the story properly it is definitely "play." Fun and rewarding. Not at all as serious as "work."

The word of the day is "retreat." Last week I enjoyed a writing retreat. Actually it was more of a working vacation where I house sit for a friend and take care of her lovely Cocker Spaniels while she and her family vacation. Since the jobs at her home are far easier than the ones on my farm, I call it my writing retreat and use the extra time to work on current Beyond Romance projects.

Which brings me to "retreat" as in the call to withdrawal from a losing campaign. Although I did get a lot of work done on Guardian and I'm super happy with how it is shaping up... it is still not complete and polished like my deluded dreams had hoped. So, I retreat back home and keep fighting the good fight. Reminding myself daily that every battle on the page gets me a little closer to sharing Romie and Brianna's story with the world.

What took up my time over the last week? Re-treat... Think I might have mentioned it, but my love of sugar is finally calling for a reckoning. Yep, after 50+ years of living on caffeine and sugar anytime I was left to do my own shopping... Now it seems I'm diabetic. There is still some hope that a healthier lifestyle and significant weight loss will allow me to get off the medication but for now every dose is making me quite sick. And once again I am reminded how challenging it is to write love scenes when praying to the porcelain god...

As a quick extra chance to play with words, Deb's dogs got re-treated a lot and they appreciated every nibble. Now I think I'll go re-treat mine a little too.


Read more and treat yourself!

~ Shannon




FARM UPDATE
I'm back home on the farm. My family did a great job keeping everything running. 

Momo enjoyed some 1on1 time with hubby. And the garden went crazy!






UPCOMING EVENTS


8/1: "Anti-Flea Market" 
Vandergrift, PA (8 AM - 1 PM)

8/15: Romantasy Faire
Ford City, PA (3 PM- 8 PM)

8/16: Dragon & Faerie Con
Lancaster, PA

9/26: BooksBooksBooks
Lancaster, PA

10/31: West Kittanning Craft Fair
--Pending--

11/1: Penn Run Craft Fair
--Pending--

11/7: Elderton Craft Fair
--Pending--

TBA: "Squirrel...!" (AKA something I shouldn't be writing but I really want to!)



UPCOMING RELEASES

TBA: Eagle Clan 4: Guardian
TBA: Eagle Clan 5: Song of Sorrow
TBA: Eagle Clan 5: Hunted







Work in Progress Update
Eagle Clan 4:  
Guardian


Focus is much easier at writer boot camp. I made some real progress and I'm going to keep that momentum!







Anom'tan Serial

Story 1: Walking with Synn

After a brutal attack that leaves one demon badly hurt and his brother missing, the Anom'tan unit rallies to save them. The first step is hiring a paranormal psychologist to help their youngest recover his memories of the attack.
Sasha will do whatever it takes to save her patient, including using her body to satisfy all his Synn desires.

(dark erotic paranormal romance)







Story 1: Walking with Synn

For a Synn demon, sex offers him salvation... Will Sasha willingly  become his savior?




Story 2: Walking in Memories

Desire drew her into their world, and she'll find endless pleasure at their mercy.




Story 3: Walking at Sundown

Will Dante's submission become  the ultimate pleasure or lead only to his downfall?





ANOM'TAN

Sun up or down, mortal souls still need transition and protection. Only the special units of Tascryn demons known as Anom'tan are able to work under the light of the Creator's blessing. These day walking demons are a close-knit group, and they take it personal when their two youngest members are attacked.








Freebies & Deals from Other Authors
Just a couple free book offers this month but check them out if you have time. You might even find your next favorite author.



Free with sign ups



Free in Kindle Unlimited






Thanks for reading. Have a great week!

~ Shannon







Author L. Shannon

for Romance Beyond Expectations
200 Walnut Dr, Shelocta, PA USA
www.lshannon.net
Follow on Amazon, Facebook, Instagram.


Thank you for subscribing to Beyond Romance. I send out weekly updates and occasional notes for special events. If it's too much, unsubscribe at any time


Click here to unsubscribe.



Sent by MailerLite

No comments:

Post a Comment