Monday, August 17, 2026

Romantasy Faire was amazing... (Do I write Romantasy?)

 











Beyond Romance

Romantasy Faire was amazing... (Do I write Romantasy?)
August 17, 2026

Hello all my peeps and pups.

It's been a long week filled with lots of slow chores and plenty of resting my gimped up knee. I did end up skipping the Dragon and Faerie Con in Lancaster. Big shout out to Alexis Woods for covering my table. 

After resting all week I was able to do the closer event, the Romantasy Faire at the Ford City Library. And let me tell you, the event was amazing! The set up and games were fantastic. And best of all... the turn out of readers was fabulous. 

Thank you to the Ford City Library - You ROCK!

The only bad part of a wonderful day, was that I accidentally forgot to sign the books for a lovely reader named Amber.  So sorry about that. If you reach out to me, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere and get those books autographed. Email me at LSHANNON@HOTMAIL.COM so we can set something up.

I just noticed the date and am happy to see that the baby goat, Peanut, is about old enough to go to a new home. He just turned 8 weeks old but is still occasionally nursing. We won't rush him but it is time to start keeping an eye out for his next great adventure.

My mind is still on the Romantasy Faire. I actually hesitated to join in because I don't usually apply the romantasy genre to what I write. But after giving it some thought some of my stories fit in pretty well in that spicy little corner. Such as Blood Royals, Anom'tan, and probably even the Amethyst books. What do you think? Should I use the term or just keep calling my stories paranormal romance?

That's about all this week. Check out the books featured below. There are a couple collection books that are on sale for just $0.99. 


Read more and don't forget to grow!

~ Shannon




FARM UPDATE
The farm stand is slowly getting set up. Hope to make more progress this week. Last night we got to try some fried eggplant straight from the garden. And it was delicious! 






UPCOMING EVENTS

9/26: BooksBooksBooks
Lancaster, PA

10/31: West Kittanning Craft Fair

11/1: Penn Run Craft Fair
--Pending--

11/7: Elderton Craft Fair
--Pending--

TBA: EC4: Guardian
(still delayed.)

TBA: "Squirrel...!" (AKA something I shouldn't be writing but I really want to!)








Blood Royals Collection

It takes more than power to rule Hell. It takes love. 

Three generations of royal demons are driven forward by destiny and desire. Grant, his mother Sadrina and her father, Sadaen all get their chance to find real love sometimes in the most unexpected places.

(I think this might be my most overlooked series but I still love them, especially books 2 & 3.





Book 1:  Blood and Blessings

She was one temptation he didn't know how to resist.




Book 2: Blood Reign

He let her escape once. This time he'd hold her forever.




Book 3: Blood Justice

Bound by blood, destiny and a love darker than death.








ACACIA: The Collection

Paranormal futuristic sci-fi romance? Hell, yeah!

Based on the Beyond Romance Universe, Acacia is set in the future on a far away colony planet where Humans, Vampires and Werewolves try and fail to create a equally shared civilization. After it is all torn apart by a violent civil war, a few people still have hope.

Maybe love will bring them back together.








Freebies & Deals from Other Authors
There is a good variety of shared offers this time. Hope you find lots of new treasures!



Free with sign ups






Free in Kindle Unlimited










Hotter than Hell

Paranormal romance with a serious hero and quirky heroine.




Forsaken

Darkly emotional wolf shifter romance with a tiny badass fairy.




Love and Blood Kisses

Boylove vampire romance. Dark and angsty.







Thanks for reading. Have a great week!

~ Shannon







Author L. Shannon

for Romance Beyond Expectations
200 Walnut Dr, Shelocta, PA USA
www.lshannon.net
Follow on Amazon, Facebook, Instagram.


Thank you for subscribing to Beyond Romance. I send out weekly updates and occasional notes for special events. If it's too much, unsubscribe at any time


Click here to unsubscribe.



Sent by MailerLite

No comments:

Post a Comment