Friday, July 21, 2023

New Release: A Lover's Touch

She is the well overflowing, 

and finally has met the drinker…

Laura Pastel yearns for the simple human touch that the rest of the world takes for granted. But years of painful lessons have proven it's a gift she'll never receive. Because when she touches another living being skin to skin, something inside her strikes out, like lightning. Despite her desperate longing, it's a danger she just can't risk.Until one night when everything changes - the night she meets Tim Swan.

 


I really wanted to love the carnival. The hot August night was filled with bright lights and excitement so thick I could feel it on my skin. Not that I’d walk around with any skin showing. No way. I was dressed, as usual, in long sleeves, an ankle length skirt over tights and even thin gloves that reached up past my elbows. Didn’t matter that it was still above eighty degrees even after sunset.

A little bit of discomfort offered enough protection that I could at least walk among all the over-excited crowds of people.

Tonight, the moon was full and the stars completely hidden thanks to the overbright halogen lighting spaced evenly around the grassy parking area next to the high school ballfield. During the carnival the parking area held all the stalls, games and rides. Actual parking for the vehicles was relegated to the wide berm beside the two-lane road.

I swallowed down the fear and forced myself to come to this local carnival every year or at least for the last five that I’d lived in the area. It was small, but a big event for my tiny little town, big enough to draw visitors from as much as an hour away. Big enough that no one would recognize me, or worse, expect me to be social in any way.

 

READ MORE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment